Tuesday, October 21

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today would have been my mothers 57th birthday. She loved birthdays...so I am sure she is celebrating in Heaven.




Its a really rough day for me. I miss her, I miss her voice, her laughter from my silly stories, her encouragement. I missed her call to tell Brayden happy birthday...I miss sending my goody package to her, her birthday package was the most fun for her and I.

Chad brought home some purple and white flowers in honor of my mother, they are beautiful. I put them in the vase, that held the flowers at the funeral that said "mother". I hope she can see them.



The past two weeks have been my worst, coming to terms with alot. The realization that mother took her own life. Because of Gods grace, she was revived and had her last week, which was amazing.... with us. The Lord didn't let her die, alone, on her kitchen floor. I am also coming to terms with her exit, the decisions we had to make as her children-letting her go and the image of her last breath. Praying everyday that she is in Heaven, hating the feeling of not being sure. There are alot of other in and outs to it all, but day by day I am dealing with it, some tougher then others.

The crazy thing is, I have learned to appreciate Gods goodness, to be grateful for everyday...I feel more blessed and grateful then I ever have...It is so amazing how He works.


I have learned so many lessons in this past year. The Lord has certainly taken me on a road. Though I wish my mom were still here, I am so grateful to Him for taking her out of her pain.


I love you all and I thank you for being the amazing people you are,
~Melissa



I love you Pocahontas (mom!) , Happy Birthday! Love Pudge