Friday, June 6

Today I cried several times....

This morning when I woke up Brayden had made me his first present....that he created, all my himself.
He hid in Chandler's closet and made it...when he was finished, he ran to me so fast he almost fell. He handed it to me, screaming "present for mommy, present for mommy"...jumping up and down, full of excitement. So I slowly opened up the balled up tissue paper and inside was a piece of silver ribbon...then he screamed "surprise mommy"!! I just balled, sobbed...how sweet and genuine- to him it was the best gift ever. How lucky am I, to have just a joyous grateful child...I never thought a piece of ribbon could mean so much. Here is a picture:


So, on my way to Chandlers school this morning, I cried again...thinking - I am actually on my way to my other son's LAST day of 4th grade. And he is almost 10 years old...Lord, can you bring him back to the days when he would shrill with excitement over a present for me that was a ribbon, running to "mommy"? Can you please?

The day at school was fun, his class played a human chest game. We had a big ice cream sundae party. The entire time, Chandler took such good care of Brayden, despite friends trying to play with him. You can see, the girls in the class were really into Bray too. Chandler had a friend come home with him, so leaving and saying good bye to his classmates wasn't to tough. I think it was worse for me.




While leaving the school, I ran into a close friend...about to face a very very tough period in their lives...trying to be strong on the outside and I could tell she was dying on the inside. She was thanking me for all I have done for her lately, - thanking me? So, I just got in my car, with my new 5th graders, and just cried. You want to help your friends, take their pain away...but one thing I do know, is God answers prayers, He has the ultimate say!

So for now, I will pray for my friend and for my growing boys. Thank you Lord for this past year, for our many blessings, good health and our wonderful friends and family. Now, i am off to Chandler's last baseball game and to dinner with friends...so No I can't promise I won't cry again!

Love, Melissa