Tuesday, July 8

I miss you Mom....

So, today we got home from the pool- I was running around the house while our voicemails played on speaker phone, hitting delete then next- as I went to exit my room, I heard my mother....calling me Pudge, thanking me for all the gifts I send her, saying that I am a gift to her and what a good mother I am. I lost it. I want her back, healthy...and here. When I saved that in mid-May, I had no idea what was ahead...that when I replayed it in June, she would not be here.
I miss her so much, not an hour goes by that I dont think about her, or talk to her...... today I got to actually hear her.
Even when I look at the post about my mom passing...it still feels like its not true.
Alot of people have told me, this takes time- that is tough for me. There are days I stay so busy I can't think, then days I cant get out of bed, days I don't mention her and days I can't get her off my mind.

But I wanted to post a poem I read, that really helped me right after my mothers death -
sitting with my mom, struggling about our decisions to let her go, watching her slowing slip away... struggling with how I felt- Id like to think it was my mother speaking to me.


Miss Me But Let Me Go

When I come to the end of the road
And the sun has set for me
I dont want a gloom filled room
Why cry for a soul set free?

Miss Me a little, but not to long
And not with your head bowed low
Remember the love that we shared
Miss me, but let me go

For this is a journey that we must all take
And each must go alone
Its all part of the Masters Plan
A step on the road home

.......Miss Me But Let Me Go





I love you all. I cant wait until the day I am not in tears and my posts are more cheerful!

~Melissa